I, umm, didn’t leave my house this weekend. Oops? 🙂 I did, however, do lots of inside stuff:
- set up my “new” phone (my Sony’s been crapping out on me, although it’s barely 2 years old, so I bought a refurbished Samsung). They always say how easy it’s supposed to be, but in the end I updated stuff for most of the day.
- signed up for the Guardian Reverse Exchange.
- did some exercises the trainer at my gym showed me on Friday. After such a long break I’m seriously out of shape, it’s very frustrating, so I’ll try to do them at home, too.
- edited and posted the next Shipping (Pod)Cast episode to Patreon: Connor Murphy x Evan Hansen (Dear Evan Hansen) with Nich (public release April 5).
- recorded the episode after that, giving me a well-appreciated buffer before the next deadline.
I also watched the next episode of my current Boys Love addiction – He’s Coming to Me is cute, warm-hearted, and hitting ALL the emotional beats. Although we’re only 4 subbed episodes in, I’ve already added it to my recs list (which I’ve been updating, btw). Met and Thun are totally adorable and have such sweet chemistry, plus I’m actually invested in the plot: Met is a ghost, and Thun is the only person who can see him. So they a) can’t touch, for extra feels, and b) have to figure out how Met died. And above all of this reincarnation looms… Usually I’d worry about a tragic ending, but the whole show has such a positive spirit overall, I think it’ll be hopeful in some way, even if I can’t see how. Well, only four more episodes, apparently…
Oh, and I finally watched episode 30 of Guardian – things are definitely coming to a head!
Continue reading “Lazy weekend”
*Updated August 30, 2020. I’ll keep this as a sticky post on me.shirasade.net.
As you might have noticed, I’ve been on a kick for Asian gay-themed movies and tv shows (aka Boys Love) recently and figured some of you might appreciate a recs list. Here are some of my requirements:
- happy ending
- good chemistry between the leads
- no rape-y vibes
The latter is unfortunately incredibly wide-spread, making many of the most popular shows unwatchable for me (looking at you, Addicted…). Even in some of the shows I mention below there are side-pairings or moments that squick me out, but that’s what the fast-forward button is for. Luckily more and more shows seem to avoid the painful clichés.
With all shows, the subtitles often leave a lot to be desired, but I’m just grateful people go to the trouble to translate. For me, a show lives and dies with its main couple – I usually go back and only rewatch their storyline, ignoring everything else.
If you have any recommendations for similar movies/shows, please don’t hesitate to share, as my obsession doesn’t seem to want to end any time soon… 🙂
Warning: There will be mild spoilers below.
Movies | Short films | Series | Mini-series
Continue reading “Boys Love recommendations”
This morning, I walked into the city centre to run a couple of errands – I’ll try and get outside for at least a while every day, even if I have to take it easy.
Back home (after a break to recuperate), I was finally able to hang the curtains I bought to keep the cold drafts away from my back – the drawback of living in in a 100+ years old house. Did it in two chunks, but overall I mastered the ladder (my ceilings are 3m high), and I really think it’s making a difference. \0/
Other than that, I took it easy. I still don’t feel up to the amount of feels Guardian never fails to evoke, so I sought out some more Asian BL… and struck gold a couple of times:
Continue reading “Quiet day, more BL – and a drabble”